This problem had me stumped for a couple of days until I determined the problem. I could upload images correctly, but I could not insert them into a blog post. After clicking on ‘Insert Into Post’ all I would get is a white screen with a close button. There were no error messages, and after closing the white box I would be back at the post, but without the image. I read about others having similar problems and tried various solutions that did not work.
- closing other open tabs in the browser
- clearing out browser cache
- clearing the link URL field
- making sure I was posting with an account that had ‘editor’ permissions
- disabling WordPress plugins
- made sure I had the latest Flash version (I am using Flash 10 debug version)
- added an .htaccess file to my wp-admin folder with this code:
None of this worked, but I finally found the correct solution for my problem here.
All I had to do is log in as an administrator, go to ‘General Settings’ and change the URLs for ‘WordPress address’ and ‘Blog address’ to all lowercase. I had used some uppercase letters in those URLs and apparently that was enough to break the image uploader.